Wednesday 2 May 2012

Training or Running Shoe?!?

I've been a trainer for a long time now and I have worked with Nike for awhile and it still kills me to see people training in a running shoe. I know, I know some training shoes are not as cool or you might have just gone for a run and don't want to change shoes or it might be too expensive to buy 2 pairs of shoes but its worth it I promise you that:)! Plus if you are thinking a training shoe isn't as comfortable as a running shoe or I don't have as much support in a training shoe then go back to the store bc there are all kinds of training shoe so no more excuses, time to invest friends:)!

I was at the Filex Convention in Sydney AU, and the amount of trainers and fitness professionals I saw in running shoes was unreal. I was driving me crazy!! haha I just wonder if people know the difference between a training shoe and running shoe, I ask myself this all the time. I understand that I don't know where people are coming from, they may have gone for a run in the morning and don't want to change their shoes... I get that but come on peeps we should know the benefits and be rockin the right shoes:) Plus if you are a sneaker head like me then you would want to sport different shoes right?!? haha.

I'm a sucker for wearing the right shoe when you are doing different types of training. If you are training doing classes like Nike Training Club or weight training or even a group fitness class like boot camp or Body pump you should be in a training shoe. There are reasons you should be in a training shoe and that's to make the foot work more, you have more lateral support, support in the right places of the shoe to help when you are doing plyo work (jumping) and you are lower to the ground so your center of gravity is where it should be. If you are training in a running shoe you might notice that you have less balance, less control of your body, when you are doing lateral movements that you might twist your ankle more, this is because a running shoe is made for linear movement not changing directions.

I do wear two different pairs of shoes when I workout, I wear my running shoes when I'm running then I pack another pair of training shoes for my weight training or NTC sessions. So please please just take a look at what you are wearing and get in a training shoe. You will get so much  more out of your session I promise!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you here!! Ever since I met the Nike TR Fit training shoe, it opened my eyes to the world of difference between a running shoe and training shoe. I feel bad for people (especially when I see professionals do it) who are training and wearing shoes that you can tell aren't the correct shoe. I'll never go back, training in a training shoe has completely changed my performance and my conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Training or running shoes could be of many types. I was searching best running shoes for flat feet to have he best one in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty blog with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best!choosing the right crossfit shoes

    ReplyDelete